Monday, April 14, 2014

If I had a... Library

I might have one in every room.

Some will have walls of books
That reach to the ceiling
With ladders I can slide along
Like a character from a movie,
Singing songs at the top of my lungs.





























Some will be small,
Tiny cubbies to crawl inside
With feather down pillows and 
Piles of blankets,
The kind of cozy place 
I tried to hide as a little girl




There will be books by chairs
Just in case I need 
A place to sit
While I drink my tea
And read.


And books by beds
For those mornings when
I open my eyes 
And only want to reach out my hand
To touch a story's spine.


Books by bathtubs
For hot water with bubbles
While soaking in words.




And books by the table
to feed our minds and
Our mouths.




Some day I might even find a way to take the library with me... 



5 comments:

  1. Cool. I'm astounded by how many books I can carry around on my Kindle, but it's not quite the same, now is it?

    Of course, I'd love the library that Wesley had in the last season of Angel, when he was working at Wolfram and Hart. Just say the name of any book, even if it's been lost and forgotten for thousands of years, and one of the codexes on the shelf will change its print to become the book you asked for!

    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A library near the tub sounds great.

    ReplyDelete