Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Ugly



Yes, I admit it, I'm one of those people who hates going out of the house without a little make up on. But that doesn't mean that I'm not afraid to show my ugly side every now and then. No, I'm not talking about the dark circles under my eyes or the way my nose gets really red in the morning. I mean the ugly side that doesn't show; the prideful, the insecure, the scared me.

Some of my favorite people in the world are the ones who wear their faults proudly instead of trying to hide them. Yes, maybe they end up sticking their foot in their mouth every once in a while. Maybe they end up looking stupid, or rude, or ungrateful. But it's those people who show their faults who also show their humanity.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be friends with someone real and flawed and human, than someone who wants me to believe that they're perfect.

What about you? Are you afraid to let the ugly side show or do you run out of the house flapping it behind you, banners waving?

7 comments:

  1. Use to care. Not so much anymore. Maybe because I'm living in a place where hardly anyone knows me. And it seems perfectly normal to walk across town in my sweats 'cause it does constitute exercise. Just afraid I'm going to end up on a People of Walmart website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often tell my friends, I don't do neurotic or perfect, and probably for that some of them think I'm pretty ugly. That's okay. It's important for us to know where we stand with each other.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely let my ugly side show in front of loved ones, but I sometimes keep myself guarded for anyone else. Definitely something I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to keep it real. Not always easy and not always doable, but at least there's an effort to be me. My family has definitely seen my ugly side. And they still love me, flaws and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm guarded in front of people I don't know well, but my family and close friends have seen my ugly side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My ugly is out there loud and proud! I am the one with wild hair, jogging pants and scary pale skin at the Walmart. The really scary thing is that I am in style LMAO! I enjoyed this post.

    http://kdstormclutteredmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can't really know me without seeing my many flaws--i don't know any perfect people--even the ones that pretend to be

    ReplyDelete