Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Nose


I'm going to try to hop back into the a-z challenge. After a rough week, my inclination was to post about nostalgia, but heck, I need a break from the weight of memories. It's time for something a little lighter.

It might seem strange, but I've always had a little obsession with people's noses. For some reason it's the feature that I usually envy most in other people. Maybe it's because I've always been a little self conscious about my own nose. I've never considered it to be huge. As I've grown, I've started to like it more and more for it's slightly beak-like pointiness. But when I was a little girl all I wanted was a cute little button nose that turned up at the end.

My best friend, Jenny's older sister had a button nose that I quite admired. Sometimes when I was lying in bed at night I would hold the tip of my nose between my pointer finger and thumb and imagine that when I woke up in the morning it would be shaped like a gentle ski slope.

Over the years I've admired many a nose and at times I've even considered having a nose job. But time and again I've realized that I like my nose just the way it is because it's mine.

Is there a part of yourself you've always wanted to change?

3 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, I felt the same way about my nose. I used to complain about it a lot to my family until one day I realized that my nose was very similar to my grandma's. Then I felt bad for whining about it in front of her. Over time, I've grown to be less concerned about it and am even a little proud now that I carry that piece of her with me.

    Glad to see you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visitor from A to Z.
    I always wanted to not have to struggle with weight issues. I like my eyes, my nose, my skin . . .just not the body that brings it all together :) Ah well, it is what it is and I am who I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh i hated my nose when i was younger--still don't love it--but not obsessed any longer

    ReplyDelete