Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for Enough


Right now it's enough to wake to the buttery dawn knowing that all three bodies are still warm underneath their covers.
It's enough to listen to your breath, slow and deep and steady beside me, while my leg drifts to the cool corner of the bed and I imagine the day set before us like something cream filled and chocolate coated, a confection served on a silver plate.
It's enough to know that outside our window the chartreuse leaves of the aspen tree, as small as coins, are moving softly in the breeze, drinking up the new rays of a spring morning.
It's enough.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written post. The word "enough" is one that more of us should embrace. Too many demand so much but others are content with what they have and what is around them.

    Thanks for sharing this and good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this post today--thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words are beautiful and full of promise. I never realized how hopeful 'enough' could be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonder to feel something is enough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I posted something with a similar sentiment on my blog last month. In this culture of always wanting more, it's nice to reflect on the fact that what we already have is really enough.

    ReplyDelete