Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Passion




Patience, practice, perseverance, procrastination, perspective, I guess most of the things I need to work on in life begin with the letter P (besides laundry, of course). But luckily, I've always had an abundance of passion. When I think of all the things I want to do, all the things I want to learn, I'm grateful that this river will never run dry.

Sometimes I like to imagine all the jobs I'd love to have. I've been lucky enough to have some of them, while others I'll just have to wait to try out in another life. 

  • psychologist (although maybe I need my own first)
  • doctor (even though I grow faint at the sight of blood)
  • artist (in any and every medium)
  • woodworker (making craftsman style furniture)
  • professor (art, English, I'm not picky) 
  • costume designer (give me an elaborate Victorian dress and I'd be happy)
  • novelist (YA, middle grade, adult fiction... throw in a little memoir)
  • horse breeder (on a mini horse ranch of course)
  • architect (designing cozy cottages)
  • poet (why can't I just BE Billy Collins?)
  • screenwriter (just don't make me move to L.A.)
  • actor (if only I could memorize the lines)
It's times like these that I really do wish for the chance to live a hundred lives.  What job have you always dreamed of doing?

2 comments:

  1. some of mine were-archeologist, actor-director--writer--song writer and singer--psychologist---photography--just a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Kate! Would love to be a librarian, any medium artist (do you really have to be skilled to do that stuff), writer, the list goes on and on...........

    ReplyDelete