Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Hunger Games: a "Tribute"


Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you probably know that The Hunger Games movie comes out this Friday, so as a "tribute" (ha ha, not that kind of tribute) to the movie I decided I wanted to share one of my favorite new songs with you, "Parachute" by Ingrid Michaelson. I can't listen to this song without imagining it playing during the closing credits, and even though I'm sure it's not on the actual soundtrack, in my mind, it most definitely is.

Give it a listen and tell me if you think it sounds like it was written specifically for Katniss and Peeta.

2 comments:

  1. I love this song! It's on my book play list. See?!? we were meant to be buddies...and when I say buddies, I mean besties...and when I say besties, I mean, I'm moving in next door so I can lurk around your house and watch you and . . .

    I'm going to stop now. Anyway, uh, great song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, why move in next door? I'll make room for you.

      Delete