Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cruising (Some Random Thoughts on Driving)


·       Sometimes if I’m listening to music while riding in a car I wonder whether, if I got in an accident and died, someone would figure out what song had been playing the moment I was killed.

·       I never want to annoy other drivers. I’m always worried about going too slow or not paying attention at stop signs. I don’t know why  I care what these people think, but I do. I DO.

·       When I’m singing to a really good song in the car, especially if I’m alone, I get embarrassed thinking that someone in another car might have seen me and thinks I’m dumb.

·       I failed parallel parking on my driver’s test and to this day I’ve never successfully parallel parked.

·       My best friend, Jenny, taught me how to drive a stick shift in a church parking lot when I was sixteen.

·       Sometimes I think that I was a dog in a past life because I love driving around in cars (although I can do without sticking my head out of the window).

·       When Bryan and I were first married we liked to go for drives around different neighborhoods. I liked envisioning what it would be like to live in all of those different homes. (I still love to do this)

·       I love driving around at night and staring into people’s lighted homes. It feels a little like spying and a little like peeking inside a doll house.

·       My first car was a white Subaru hatchback which I was far too ungrateful to own.

·       If I could own any car it would be a cherry red 1965 porsche spyder convertible.

·        This isn’t really car related as much as transportation related, but when I was in elementary school I wished, wished, wished, that I had a horse that I could ride to school. I imagined that I would just tie it up out front while I was inside.

·       Once when I was 16 I was going 35 in a 25 mph area and a cop saw me and waved for me to slow down. I was so stupid that I thought he was just waving hello and it took me a while to realize that he was pulling me over for speeding. Needless to say, I haven’t been pulled over for speeding since.

·       I hate driving in the snow more than just about anything else. I’d rather do the laundry AND the dishes, that’s how much I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment