Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Little Screenplay Love


As if I don't have enough reading material to obsess over, I now feel the embers of a new love catching fire inside me. Over the years I've attempted to read some screenplays online, but I have such an aversion to reading anything longer than two pages on my computer that I never really fell in love. But oh how things have changed. Yes, once again Kindle has made my world brighter with the totally awesome capacity allowing me to read screenplays with my Kindle app.

As I'm gearing up for Script Frenzy next month, I decided it would be prudent to read as many screenplays as I can get my hands on in the last few weeks of March.

Yesterday, I decided to start by reading Bridesmaids. And let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint. I didn't laugh as loud as I did in the theatre, but that's because Kristin Wiig can have me rolling on the ground by just moving her eyebrows. Even so, my daughter was giving me some pretty funny looks as I snorted and chuckled and giggled my way through the script.

I can't wait to read more.

2 comments:

  1. you mean you find them online and read screenplays instead of seeing movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried to read a screenplay before, but I know other people who have and enjoyed it. This would be a good one to start with because it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete