Friday, September 13, 2013

Put a Star on It!


Let's face it... I'm a little lazy. I'm not a member of the 5 a.m Writer's Club. I don't crank out thousands of words a day. In fact, some days pass where I haven't typed a single word. But if Malcolm Gladwell has taught me anything, it's that to be an expert, I have to put in the hours. I have to put my butt in that chair and WRITE!!! 

Enter Victoria Schwab and her brilliant video...


The Best Writing Trick I Know


One trip to the office supply store, two packages of shiny stickers, and a new calendar later, and I'm newly inspired. Who knew that I basically had the same motivation as a preschooler? But hey, as long as it works...




5 comments:

  1. I just watched the video. I'm going to give this a try. I need little rewards and my one jelly bean per word system isn't cutting it:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! I might have to give it a try.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I don't care how silly a thing is, if it keeps you writing consistently it's good!

    ReplyDelete