For the past two years my husband has been out of town for Valentine's Day. This doesn't make for a very romantic day, but it does make me appreciate the time I have with him and today it made me be a bit more creative with what I had to give him. Instead of a romantic day together, I ended up sending him a message every half hour (for 12 hours) telling him reasons why I love him.
These are the 25 reasons why...
1. I feel like I've won a prize every time I make him laugh.
2. He is a WAY better person than me. I hope that some day a little bit of that goodness will wear off on me.
3. Bearded, mustached, or clean shaven, he gets cuter and cuter every year.
4. When I'm with him I feel safe.
5. He can make, do, fix and figure out ANYTHING.
6. His music is lamer than mine so I have ONE thing that the kids think is cooler about me.
7. He's actually way cooler than me and we all know it.
8. He's one of the smartest people that I know, but he has no idea how smart he is (and so he has no ego about it).
9. He's the best dad in the universe.
10. He laughs at me (and sometimes with me).
11. In a house of lazy people at least we always know that there's one person who will work hard (him).
12. He balances me out. He is the cake to my frosting (in other words, he lets me eat all the frosting).
13. He is the sort of husband who often says, "What should I fix for dinner?"
14. If someone kidnapped me, I'm pretty sure he would rescue me like an action hero in a movie.
15. He never complains about being the only one who drives whenever we go anywhere (including 2000 mile road trips).
16. If we go out to dinner and he has a yummy meal and I order a salad, he always shares with me, even if it's the last bite.
17. He is the most content person that I know. He never wants more (unless it has four wheels).
18. He reads books. Real ones...
19. He lets me keep trying to be a writer even though it hasn't really paid off yet and even though it means that the house is always messy and I don't cook dinner and there are never any clean pants.
20. When he's gone I miss him and when he comes home I feel like our dog Otis (who freaks out and goes crazy), although Otis just shows it better.
21. He has a daughter who made me this for dinner...
22. He is the best Puppy Daddy to Otis.
23. He's the one who plans all the fun activities for our kids like skiing and camping (all the things I would never do without him). They'll have fun memories because of HIM.
24. He gave our kids all the good genes: humor, beautiful eyes, tenderness, kindness. All the good stuff.
25. He shares everything with me: half of my life in years, a home, a family, a great life, all my secrets, all my joys, all the good and bad memories. I wouldn't want to share this life with anyone else!
Thinking of my sweetheart every half hour really made for a wonderful day, even if I didn't get to spend it with him.