Sunday, April 17, 2011

Let's Play


Yesterday was the first read through of our play at Salt Lake Acting Company and although I’ve heard it inside my mind for months it was like I was experiencing it for the first time. These professional actors have already done more for our play than I could have ever imagined.
The woman playing the character of Rosie (me) was a far better “me” than I could ever be. It made me wish that I could carry an actor around with me at all times to say things the way I really mean to say them.
It’s peculiar to think that the truth can be acted far more convincingly than reality can ever do it. Maybe this is the reason we’re so drawn to movies and plays, because in them we get to see things condensed and distilled to a reality that adds up to more than our disparate lives.

1 comment: