Sunday, February 20, 2011

Books, Books, and More Books


The bookshelves are overflowing.


There just isn’t any more room in our house for more books. And even though I have a bit of an obsession with owning hard copies of the ones I read (after all, isn’t it nice to be able to look at your shelves and remember all those stories), I’m pretty grateful for the Kindle I received this Christmas.


I didn’t think I’d ever be able to give up holding a real book in my hands, feeling the pages between my fingers, but I’m in love with my little electronic reader. Imagine, being able to have all those books with you at once.


You’d think I would have stopped buying hard copies after I got my Kindle, but I can’t get over my addiction. This month alone the stack by the side of my bed has grown by four. The stack has grown so high in fact, that I’ve had to start scouting the house for new surface on which to stack.

3 comments:

  1. I love my Kindle, but it will never replace actual books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ikea has great prices on bookshelves... looks like you might need em :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally had to get bookshelves after years of books piling up on the floor. I'm not yet converted to buying all e-books, either!

    ReplyDelete