Sunday, July 7, 2013

Life Goals for the Quasi Insane


There are typical life goals (write a book, travel to Europe, learn French) and then there are the goals that you only tell to your closest friends (and even then, you might only admit them when the lights are off). 

 You know what I'm talking about, they're the mad hatter dreams. The goals that you're secretly hoping will happen to you, even though you'd probably sound a bit kookie if you admitted them out loud.

Here are some of my crazy life goals:

1. Invent my own word that will become so widely used that it gets recognized in Merriam-Webster.

2. While we're at it, I'd like my own catch phrase.

3. Cultivate the power of telekinesis which I could then use to do all my housework. Yes, I'm that lazy.

4. Own a genetically modified mini elephant that I can hold in my hand. (Maybe a whole zoo of mini animals).

5. Learn to fly, or at least invent something that I can use to fly (but not too high, because I'm kind of afraid of heights).

These are just some of my crazy dreams. If you want to know the rest you'll have to come snuggle with me when the lights are off.

What's on your crazy life goal list?

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of creating my own word!

    But forget telekinesis - I'd rather have a bunch of Minions running around cleaning my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, agreed! I've got to get me some Minions :)

      Delete
  2. I want to create my own word, too. My kids do it all the time, so why can't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the telekinesis. I really want to breathe underwater. O.k. really want to be a mermaid and find lost shipwrecks. Discover a new bird species and have it named after me. I think that's enough for now. But thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being able to retire would be good enough for me!! I am a Very Boring Person, maybe. When I was about 3 I sat on the wishing stone on the Giant's Causeway (Ireland) and said "I wish I was a little fish" which charmed all the adults, but I didn't really wish that, I said it because it rhymed.... early signs of the writer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I wish I was a little fish", wouldn't that make a darling picture book? I might have to appropriate that one :)

      Delete
  5. My not crazy list of life goals: http://www.squidoo.com/list-of-my-first-priority-goals

    ReplyDelete