It's that time of year when I start gearing up with a long list of summer plans. Inevitably I'll ditch my grand scheme after the first week and a half, ultimately watching the kids fritter their days away vegging out in front of the television and making trips to the corner market.
But like every year, I'll vow that this summer will be different. It will be educational, and productive. My children will flourish into creative, artistic, brilliant Einsteins.
Yep, you all know how this story is going to end, but that won't keep me from dreaming big. Here are the high hopes that I have for this summer's activities.
- Indie Films- Yes, I'm hoping that while my nephew is in town my kids will write and direct a film. I have high, Oscar-worthy hopes on this one. After downloading some awesome editing software they'll finish off their films and we'll have the first annual Logan Avenue Film Festival (maybe it'll even be a red carpet event).
- Singer Song Writer- Those guitars aren't just going to sit around collecting dust. These kids could have a whole album out by the time summer is over. I've already promised my oldest daughter twenty bucks for every original song that she writes and I'm actually hoping to be out some big bucks come fall.
- A Novel Idea- Yep, I'm hoping that I'm not going to be the only one pounding out words this summer. I've got two novels lined up myself and I'm hoping that my oldest can finish the first draft of the awesome novel she started working on.
- Fashion Star- We've got some big plans to repurpose a bunch of old clothes into some fine swoon-worthy outfits.
- Mais Oui, C'est Brilliant- We've already started our Rosetta Stone courses and the kids are really excited to learn a new language. Will we all be fluently speaking French by the time school rolls around again? Comment dit-on, I doubt it?
It sounds like an awesome summer to me. Maybe we'll even work in a few days at the pool.